"I enjoy doing housework, ironing, washing, cooking, dishwashing. Whenever I get one of those questionaires and they ask what is your profession, I always put down housewife. It's an admirable profession, why apologize for it. You aren't stupid because you're a housewife. When you're stirring the jam you can read Shakespeare." ~Tasha Tudor

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Doesn't it make sense?

I have always set my washer on less minutes per washing, and warm water wash/cold rinse. Someone suggested using only cold water to save energy...Of course you have to set it on the maximum minutes per washload...Compare the maximum time per washload, since it takes longer to get clothes really clean in COLD water....and it seems to me that my previous choice is just as economizing. I use energy it takes to heat the water, but run the washer less. It SEEMS to even it out in my mind! What are YOUR thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment